October 13th, 2021 by GSC Customer Care
Are you seeking a career where you can utilize both your creativity and organizational skills in the broadband world? Are you detail-oriented and computer savvy? Come join our team!
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering/CAD Administrator. The Engineering/CAD Administrator reports to the Manager-Technical Operations & Services. The main responsibilities are developing, upgrading, maintaining and utilizing the CAD system to draw staking sheets and drawings of structures, mechanical and electrical equipment and other similar equipment. Assists the Facilities Engineer to design inside and outside network facilities; performs detail work associated with the work order system, network maintenance and continuing property records.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Utilizes the CAD system in the development and maintenance of a graphical representation of our exchanges and network facilities.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of the CAD system through the construction work order process, fieldwork, and other records maintenance.
- Assists the Facilities Engineer with inside and outside network facilities design; development of short- and long-term subscriber growth forecasts; and preparation of studies to determine construction costs.
- Manage construction projects by reviewing quality of work, clean up resolution, proper maintenance of project documentation and continual review of project progress.
- Updates cable records and cable plats using manual and automated systems.
- Surveys all exchanges for tree trimming requirements and develops estimated trimming costs. Plans and coordinates joint trimming with electric companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Must have a valid New Hampshire driver’s license and a good driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years related experience in utilizing CAD system.
- Proficient with general computer programs.
- Excellent planning, coordination and organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Able to perform very detailed tasks.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.