March 6th, 2019 by GSC Customer Care
Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced environment with a company that allows you to utilize your technical and troubleshooting skills? Are you seeking a rewarding career on the frontline of an essential industry? Come join our team!
**We provide CDL-A on the job training and pay for your first tests!!**
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Network Installation/Maintenance Technician. The I/M Technicians are responsible for the installation, repair, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of inside and outside plant facilities and telecommunications equipment including voice and data networks; and broadband services.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
Performs installation, maintenance, trouble isolation and repair of telecommunications and data equipment as engineered and designed, using hand and/or power tools. Typical installations may include some or all of the following steps:
- Verifies order with customer and consults with customer as to type and location of equipment.
- Makes plans on how to bring wire from pole to building and how to run wire inside of the building.
- Climbs poles, runs wire to building and makes connection.
- Installs inside wiring which may include stapling wire along wall and drilling holes.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, winches, etc. and hydraulic equipment such as aerial lifts (bucket), diggers, derricks mounted on trucks, etc.
- Works directly with residential and business customers in person to advise, configure and install services; and sells Company services and products.
- Performs Standby Duty and weekend work on a scheduled rotation.
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls as required.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 to 5 years related experience in telephone construction, maintenance, repair, basic electricity, voice and data networks
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be able to obtain New Hampshire Commercial Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
- Must pass all required alcohol and drug testing and DOT physical examinations.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time