February 13th, 2020 by GSC Customer Care
**We provide CDL-A on the job training and pay for your first tests!!**
Do you love helping customers and co-workers? Are you organized, driven and passionate? Do you love a job that has variety and allows you to work in different areas of the company? Come join our team!
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Support Services Attendant. This individual will primarily be responsible for snow removal, vehicle maintenance, painting, building repairs, warehouse work, computer work and yard maintenance.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Removes snow and ice on Company premises including parking lots, walkways, access drives, etc. Must be available outside of regular work hours for building maintenance and/or snow and ice removal.
- Maintains the cleanliness and serviceability of all Company buildings, both interior and exterior.
- Performs exterior maintenance including lawn and landscaping, planting, grass cutting, weeding, trimming, pruning, window washing, snow removal, salting/sanding etc.
- Removes leaves, limbs, trash, and debris from building grounds.
- Fertilizes lawns and shrubs and practices weed control in flowerbeds and lawns.
- Paints and makes minor repairs of walls, doors, windows, etc.
- Operates and maintains specialized equipment such as forklift, snowplows, dump truck, backhoe, air compressor, chipper, generators, etc.
- Coordinates with other departments on the delivery of materials and supplies.
- Performs weekly vehicle safety equipment inspection and completes an appropriate record.
- Performs pre-state inspection of vehicles and makes the necessary repairs of tires, brakes, shocks, exhaust systems, etc. required to pass State Inspection.
- Performs and/or schedules maintenance on vehicles or other power equipment as prescribed by the company and/or manufacturer.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- CDL A or B preferred.
- Hand tool experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Janitorial, custodial and general facilities maintenance skills.
- Knowledge in lawn care, pruning requirements, fertilizer needs and weed control; irrigation system operation and maintenance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to schedule work efficiently.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Basic mechanical skills for maintenance and up-keep of vehicles and equipment.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical: 5 years (Preferred)
- Grounds Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)