April 27th, 2021 by Customer Care
Do you love leading a team that is driven by the latest developments in the broadband world? Are you a hands-on leader and thrive on customer satisfaction? Do you love a job that allows you to utilize both your management and technical skills? Come join our team!
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Technical Operations Supervisor. This individual is responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer services and the construction of new facilities. Establishes professional and efficient standards to ensure customer satisfaction and a high-quality network. Responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating team members.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Supervises the daily work activities of all assigned personnel in the Installation/Maintenance and outside plant construction.
- Ensures the efficient and timely handling of trouble reports, service orders, and work orders.
- Conducts field inspections to ensure work quality and customer satisfaction following Company standards.
- Supervises the construction, installation, and testing of new facilities to ensure high quality.
- Develops and implements project management that assures the Department’s strategic and operational goals are met.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a continual preventative maintenance program for equipment.
- Ensures established production and work performance standards are met.
- Oversees the training and recommends new and improved training methods to keep personnel at the state-of-the-art level in their work.
- Completes and conducts periodic performance evaluations for assigned personnel and provides required coaching and counseling for job performance improvements.
- Makes recommendations of staffing, employee development, safety, long and short-range work plans, budget, policies, procedures, and equipment.
- Seeks ideas to improve production, processes, and overall performance.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Must have a valid New Hampshire driver’s license, a good driving record, and be able to obtain a CDL-B.
- After-hours on-call rotation is required.
- Must pass all required alcohol and drug testing and DOT physical examinations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years’ ISP or Telecom Network experience in related areas of installation/maintenance, construction, and cable splicing.
- Supervisory, leadership and team building experience.
- Technical training in basic electricity or equivalent experience.
- Copper and Fiber Optic OSP facilities and termination equipment.
- AC & DC power systems.
- Routers, switches, and hubs.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Able to guide and motivate employees toward achieving objectives.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to follow through a problem until a satisfactory solution is reached for both the customer and Company.
- Able to remain calm and courteous when discussing and resolving problems with customers.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive, and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.