August 7th, 2020 by GSC Customer Care
Granite State Communications (GSC) is excited to announce we will be the recipient of a $1.2 million grant from the state of New Hampshire’s Connecting New Hampshire – Emergency Broadband Expansion Program to extend our fiber broadband network to the most rural parts of our serving area.
GSC is a third-generation family business focused on delivering dependable, personal, cutting-edge services to our customers. Over the last 12 years we have constructed a state-of-the-art fiber optic network to the majority of our customers. Funding from this grant will allow us to reach our most rural and difficult to reach subscribers, improving their experience with distance learning, telehealth, and work from home situations. We have been serving these communities for over a century and the pandemic has emphasized how important high-speed internet is to households and businesses, so the timing of this grant is critical and allows us to get started on several important expansion projects right away.
The grant will allow GSC to commence fiber construction projects in Deering, Hillsborough Upper Village, Stoddard, and Washington. The timeline will be to complete construction by the end of 2020 and begin adding customers in late 2020 and early 2021. If you have questions about a particular street, please email us at email@example.com.
- Locations in Deering, specifically Driscoll Road, Tubbs Road, Pleasant Pond Road, Farrell Hill Road, Old Francestown Road, Reservoir Road, Peter Woodhill Road, North Road, Glen Road, and East Deering Road.
- Locations in Hillsborough Upper Village, specifically Shedd Road beginning at Route 31 and Beard Road beginning at West Main Street past Gleason Falls Road.
- Washington and Stoddard, specifically Valley Road beginning at Cove Road and South Main Street from Valley Road to Bailey Road.
- Faxon Hill Road beginning at Millen Pond Road to the East side of Lake Ashuelot (includes all streets within Lake Ashuelot Estates).
- East Washington Road, Lovell Mountain Road, Sandy Knolls Road, Bergweg Road, Ayers Pond Road, Bradford Road, Purling Beck Road, Bear Hill Road, Old Hillsborough Road, Ulrich Road, Deer Valley Road, and Bradford Springs Road.