May 21st, 2020 by Customer Care
Granite State Communications is excited to announce we will be the recipient of a $1.9 million loan from the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) ReConnect Pilot Program to extend our fiber broadband network to the most rural parts of our serving area.
GSC is a third-generation family business focused on delivering dependable, personal, cutting-edge services to our customers. Over the last 10 years we have constructed a state-of-the-art fiber optic network to the majority of our customers. The remaining areas are our most rural and expensive areas to extend fiber into. The USDA ReConnect loan will allow us to reach those customers in Deering, Hillsborough, and Washington. The pandemic has emphasized how important high-speed internet is to households and businesses, so the timing of this loan couldn’t be better. We are excited to get started and plan to begin construction this summer.
The following is general list of communities in our service area covered by the loan. If you have questions about a particular street, please email us at email@example.com. We do not have estimated availability dates at this time. We are still finalizing construction plans. Please note funds are being provided as a loan to GSC rather than a grant. The loan will be dispersed as work is completed over the next 2-3 years, although the loan does permit us to take up to 5 years if needed. Our goal is to bring fiber service to all of our communities as quickly as possible.
The USDA ReConnect Loan covers the following areas:
- All customers
- Customers in the Gleason Falls/Beard Road/Shedd Road area
- Customers in the Southeast portion of our serving area (West Main Street)
- Customers in the central portion of our serving area (Danforth Corners, Cooledge Rd, Faxon Hill)
- Customers on both sides of Highland Lake
- Customers in the Bailey Road, and Smith Pond area
- Customers in the Ashuelot Pond area
- Customers in East Washington
- Customers west of Lake Horace