April 19th, 2021 by GSC Customer Care
Remotes for TVs and media players get handled frequently, often by hands that are also grabbing snacks. So it makes sense to give your remotes thorough cleanings. How often? Plan on doing this at least monthly — more frequently if a family member is sick — to help avoid the spread of germs.
Follow these steps:
1. Remove the batteries from the back of the remote.
2. Dip a cotton cloth into rubbing alcohol and wipe down the entire surface of the controller.
3. Follow up with an alcohol-soaked cotton swab to carefully clean around the buttons.
4. If there’s grime inside the buttons, use a toothpick to remove it. Dry the remote with a lint-free cloth.
5. Reinstall the batteries after making sure the battery compartment is completely dry.
Image: Attached – Here’s How (and How Often) to Clean Your Remotes