The Customer Service Assistant works under the general supervision of the Supervisor-Customer Care and will be responsible for providing administrative and office support to the Department.
- Performs various administrative tasks including data entry, compilation of reports, summaries, updates, preparation of contracts and other documentation.
- Processes accounts payables, accounts receivables, service orders, purchase order requests and cash control functions to meets deadlines.
- Transmits daily files for Directory orders, LIDB, CNAM and Calling Cards. Verifies Directory reprints for accuracy.
- Prepares and processes deposit reports for paystation coin boxes.
- Processes and files various documents to update files and records including but not limited to customer correspondence and billing materials.
- Operates office equipment and completes general office work.
- Prepares customer bills for mailing that require special handling.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provides backup to the Receptionist during regular break and lunch periods; and as required.
- Follows all Company and Department standards, processes and procedures.
- Provides regular feedback and keeps the immediate supervisor or the Coordinator fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt and corrective action where necessary.
- Makes suggestions to improve efficiencies within the position.
- Regular and punctual attendance required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years related experience in sales and customer service support
- Proficient with computer database, spreadsheet and word processing programs . Mathematical aptitude
- Touch-typing proficiency
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi task with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity
- Professional business manner, attitude and speech
- Personable, outgoing, and excellent appearance
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Employee is frequently required to talk, hear, sit, walk, stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools and controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Dexterity in fingers to type, operate calculator, computer, fax machine, copier and other equipment used in this position.
- Occasionally required to climbs stairs, balance, bend, stoop, crouch and kneel; lifts, carries, moves, positions and transports objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Constantly moves about to perform work activities.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include good color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- Employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.