Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Sales/Technical Service Center Representative with a successful track record in telephone and internet sales as well as first level technical support for telephone and internet customers. They will be responsible for the processing and completion of all trouble tickets, line records, service order information, trouble analysis reports, customer contact forms, service attitude measurement forms, and other requirements of the Service Center. They will also sell the company’s services to new and existing customers, process orders from customers and answer questions. The Representatives will achieve weekly, monthly and annual sales objectives.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Position requires evening hours and weekend day hours.
- Receives, investigates, answers questions and records customer reported troubles including testing and dispatching troubles to the appropriate individuals following established Department procedures.
- Completes trouble tickets following established Department procedures. Assists in the update of documented practices and procedures for the Service Center.
- Maintains constant surveillance over troubles and security alarm system status; advises appropriate personnel of any problems on a timely basis.
- Obtains quality of service feedback information from customers on all troubles and installs following established callback procedures.
- Prepares service orders following established Department procedures. Utilizes the computer for all Service Center applications.
- Understands the service order assignment procedures and scheduling techniques; closing the service order and posting the line records.
- Working knowledge of local testing functions.
- Achieve the monthly sales objectives as set by the Company.
- Performs sales and service functions to include selling, initiating and follow up with customers in resolving issues related to service orders, bill inquiries, complaints and other inquiries. Makes sound decisions that will result in customer satisfaction.
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents including customer contracts and change in service. Prepares and calculates balance adjustments and rates for customers.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of college or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years related experience in sales, customer service and telecommunications including Internet.
- Understanding of computer / modem / router issues and ability to troubleshoot over the phone with customer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, helpful).
- Professional business manner, attitude, and speech.
- Ability to resolve disagreements with ease and comfort.
- Able to follow through a problem until a satisfactory solution is reached by both customer and Company.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling a number of sensitive and important issues simultaneously.
- Must be multi task -oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity; exercises good judgment.
- Proficient with database, spreadsheet, and word processing computer programs.
- Able to touch-type 30 to 40 wpm.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Pay: Base + Commissions
Job Type: Full-time