Granite State Communications is looking to hire our next superstar team member for our Administration department.
The Human Resources Administrator reports directly to the President. Pre-screens job applicants; conducts orientation programs for new hires; monitors and follows up employee performance evaluations; compiles data and processes personnel and payroll changes; processes payments for invoices; controls and maintains all personnel records and reports; and processes employee travel arrangements. Assists in the administration of various employee benefit plans, employee relations, employee services, recordkeeping, and other human resources programs. This position has access to and works regularly with information that is highly confidential, private, sensitive, and critical in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel including testing and selection process to fill vacant positions. Writes and places recruitment ads on social media and posting boards. Coordinates and conducts new employee onboarding.
- Coordinates the application process to include response to applicant inquiries, receiving applications/resumes, and administering tests, when applicable. Refers viable candidates to hiring managers
- Processes all payroll changes in employee status, pay, and benefits obtaining correct approval signatures. Ensures all necessary documents have been received, information completed and accurately entered in the computer database, and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner. Verifies payroll input information and reviews for accuracy.
- Administers Employee Performance Evaluation program.
- Collects insurance enrollment/change information from employees ensuring required information for processing is provided. Maintains accurate Member Census by enrolling or removing employees and dependents as required. Administers COBRA.
- Answers questions regarding employee health, welfare, and service programs by explaining regular administrative procedures. Administers disability and medical leave of absence procedures by collecting employee paperwork, communicating with third party administrator,s and maintaining appropriate records
- Research and respond to questions from employees and management regarding Human Resources programs, Company policies, and procedures
- Resolves employee relations when appropriate and refers difficult issues to management. Conducts employee engagement surveys and exit interviews.
- Performs various administrative and clerical functions including the preparation and submission of workers’ compensation claims to the insurance company and the State of New Hampshire. Compiles employee data for reports required by Federal and State regulations.
- Processes travel arrangements for employees in making reservations for meetings, hotels, and transportation. Coordinates arrangements by following established Company procedures. Assists employees with travel expenses and follows up on detailed paperwork associated with travel.
- Assists in the coordination of Company-sponsored activities
- Assists department members with project-related activities in all key function areas
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 5 to 7 years work experience in Human Resources with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of employment practices and employee relations.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely accurate with an excellent sense of priority, logic, and objectivity.
- Highly organized and capable of handling a number of sensitive and important issues simultaneously.
- Must be able to follow up on long-term, ongoing projects and meet all deadlines.
- Proficient in various PC based software programs.
- Strong math and statistics skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality.
- Strong in both oral and written communication techniques.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.