Do you love helping customers and co-workers? Are you organized, driven and passionate? Do you love a job that has variety? Come join our team!
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Support Services Supervisor. The Support Services Supervisor supervises and coordinates the day-to-day maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment, including vehicles. In addition, monitors inventory purchasing process and stockroom control. This individual will be held to high leadership and performance standards.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Oversees the daily work activities of all assigned personnel in the Support Services Sections.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a continual preventative maintenance program for equipment.
- Monitors the maintenance of the interior and exterior of all Company buildings, grounds, and equipment to insure overall upkeep and cleanliness. Ensures that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
- Conducts on-going assessment of facilities to identify needed improvements and repairs.
- Ensures the performance, condition and reliability of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment including vehicles, etc. and insures the efficient operation of all equipment.
- Maintains safe working conditions and practices.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities of all outside contractors and maintenance personnel. Insures completed work is inspected, meets specifications, objectives and safety standards.
- Monitors the Department purchase order process including pricing, ordering, and receiving of materials and supplies. Ensures inventory management and stockroom control and procedures adhere to Company procedures.
- Seeks ideas to improve Department production, processes, and overall performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- CDL-A preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of supervisory and business management experience.
- Janitorial services and grounds work experience. Working knowledge in operation and maintenance of facility management services. Knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels
- Able to guide and motivate employees toward achieving objectives.
- Able to work in high pressure situations.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.