Do you enjoy the challenge of making valuable swift decisions? Are you always thinking forward to the next step? Do you want a career that enables you to apply your technical skills? Come join our team!
Granite State Communications is seeking qualified candidates for a Network Operations Engineer. The Network Operations Engineer will maintain and manage a vast network, server, and application architecture within a fast-paced environment. This role functions as part of a disciplined team with a dedicated focus delivering Telephony and Internet services. This team manages every deployed network element including but not limited to routers and switches, softswitchs, DWDM, NID’s. Technologies include but not limited to MPLS, QOS, Sonet, TDM, DNS, DHCP, PPPOE and Radius. Routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, SNMP, VRRP, LAF, Router Security and Static routing. The successful incumbent will thrive on change but focus on the operational stability of all supported platforms. This position seeks intelligent, forward thinking, collaborative-minded, and adaptable entry level engineers.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Must have the ability to follow defined procedures and escalation paths for service delivery with regards to an event driven environment.
- Provide complete ownership of any vendor/manufacturer issues impacting service delivery or customer experience worldwide. This responsibility begins with the initial investigation and identification process and continues through final resolution. Attention to detail is critical.
- Responsible for the identification and coordination of technical impact to all entities from monitoring systems or customer contact.
- Work with external and internal teams coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
- Providing timely and accurate network technical assistance to internal teams by communicating technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.
- Solid understanding of IPv4, IPv6, and QOS.
- Experience in server-based technology, such as Microsoft, SQL and Linux. Apache Web servers in different areas of the network (speed test, syslog page, MTRG web pages).
- Knowledge of voice transport protocols, PRI, T1 circuits, QOS, codecs, sip trunking, sip phone setup and troubleshooting.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- Knowledge of IP, wireless technologies (is a plus), routers, switches, Ribbon C15 soft switch and other IP concepts.
- Knowledge of Wireshark – able to run Wireshark captures on vlans, examine the data, and determine the issue (IP conflicts, broadcast storm, DDoS, and misconfigured equipment)
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring tools, ticketing systems and best practices is a plus.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with field engineering teams and supporting telephony/Internet customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Will be required to work flexible schedule.
- On call rotation is required as well as overnight maintenance activities after hours as needed.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.