> Help & Support
> Customer Services FAQ
Welcome to our FAQ section. We’ve compiled these based on some of your most commonly asked questions, but if you don’t find your answer, feel free to call us at 603-529-9911.
OR, you can ask your question by email — just CLICK HERE.
Expect your answer the next business day!
I’m not getting the Internet speeds I thought I would from my home’s Wi-Fi network. Are there things I can do to speed things up?
If your Wi-Fi router is out of date or not set up correctly, it could be slowing you down. Here are some tips to help you maximize router performance and enjoy the Internet speed you ordered:
- Choose the right channel. Slow Wi-Fi speeds may be the result of interference from other devices in your home or surrounding area as they compete to use the same channel. Routers have many channels, and you can switch to a different one to reduce the risk of congestion. Channel 6 is the default setting for most routers, and it has a higher risk of being congested, especially in apartment and condo buildings. We suggest you select one of the other nonoverlapping channels – 1 or 11. Your router may automatically take care of this for you; many models have an auto setting and simply rebooting the router causes it to find a cleaner channel.
- Move your router to its ideal position. For the best signal and coverage, put your router in an open space near the center of your home. Keep it away from thick walls made of brick or concrete, and make sure it’s not around metal items which can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. It may also help to position the router’s antenna vertically rather than horizontally. Check for interference from a nearby cordless device. Baby monitors, older cordless phones, microwave ovens, wireless speakers, holiday lights, and some security cameras are among the common household gadgets that also use the 2.4Ghz frequency. These can interfere with the wireless signal from your router. Deal with the conflict by moving the router away from these devices. (Please note: Interference could indicate that there’s an underlying electrical/wiring issue. If you suspect this may be the case, you should consult an electrician. )
- Make sure your router is secure. Putting a password on your router or limiting which devices can access your network will keep other people in the neighborhood from using your network and slowing it down.
- Get a new router. One of the best ways to make sure your Wi-Fi network is as fast and reliable as possible is to use up-to-date hardware. With the proliferation of connected home products, smartphones, smart TVs, and other mobile computing devices, it’s more important than ever to equip your home with a wireless router that can handle the increased demand for Wi-Fi connectivity. Consider the size of your coverage area, number of users, and types of devices. All of the new 801.11ac routers are dual-band, enabling faster connections. We now offer dual-band routers for rent or sale, so if you are looking for a new router to improve Wi-Fi performance, ask our Customer Service department about this new equipment option.
- Get a wireless signal extender. If your home is larger than about 3,000 square feet, getting good Wi-Fi signal from one corner to another can be a challenge. Multistory homes can also be difficult if the router isn’t plugged into the broadband line somewhere on the middle level. In these cases, you may want to consider using a wireless extender, which boosts your Wi-Fi signal to hard-to-reach places. A typical extender uses the A/C power line to connect a second wireless router to the main router.
- There are also wireless repeaters available, which regenerate the Wi-Fi signal. You might put a repeater halfway between your router and your device. You can expect, however, to get about half the speed off the repeater than what you get off the original router.
How do I know my Internet speed test is accurate?
A speed test is used to gauge how much upload and download speed your system is receiving. However, it’s helpful to remember that a speed test is a snapshot of the speed you’re getting at that moment in time. It is showing your “available” speed. So if it’s slower than you’re expecting, it may not necessarily indicate a problem with your connection. It may have to do with how much you have running on your network at that time. If several devices in your home are using the Internet at the time you run your test, the speed test will show a smaller number. Additionally, the location of the server running the speed test does matter. There is a multitude of speed testing websites to be found on the Internet, and if you are using one via servers that are either too far away or are processing too many requests at once, you may see lower numbers than expected. If you subscribe to GSC Internet, we recommend that you use our speed test site to test your connection as opposed to another third-party speed test site. Our speed test is located on our server, so it’s going to give you the most accurate results. You can access our speed test here: http://www.gstnetworks.net/
How do I add or remove an extra email account?
You can add or remove any extra email accounts by navigating to our Internet Account Tool.
- Visit the myGSC Account section of our website & login.
- Click on the ‘Check Your Email or Manage Your Email Account’ link.
- Click on the ‘Settings & Preferences’ link located in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on ‘Additional Users’. From here, you can create or delete email accounts for additional members of your household. Each user will have their own login and password, and their own email address and inbox.
You can also access the Internet Account Tool by visiting our http://myaccount.gsinet.net or http://myaccount.mygsc.com.
If you have additional questions or would like assistance walking through the set up, we are available by phone at 603-529-9931
Do I need GSC phone service to sign up for GSC Internet service?
All of our Internet service options include telephone service. However, if you primarily use your cell phone, we do have options that pair a low-use phone line with Internet service for approximately $60 per month for both services. For more information, please call us at 603-529-9911.
I am trying to check email on your website. Why am I getting a login error?
In order to utilize the “check email” tool through our myGSC customer portal, https://www.mygsc.com, you will need to first register a portal account with your GSC email address and associated password. You can do this clicking here. If you have forgotten your password, we would be happy to confirm what it is by phone due to the sensitive nature of the information. We can be reached in the Service Center Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at 603-529-9931.
Does GSC offer technical support?
Yes. We are here to help you 24/7. For support for your phone service you can call our office at 603-529-9931. For Internet support you may call our technical support line at 888-896-7824. Or you can also send us an email any time to help@myGSC.com. For additional Technical Support contact info visit our Contact Us page.
What customer assistance programs do you offer?
We offer LifeLine Telephone Assistance to make telephone service more affordable to qualifying customers. This program is sponsored by the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission and the New Hampshire telephone companies. Click here for more information.
What high speed Internet speeds do you offer and where can I find package/pricing information?
We offer a Internet packages with a range of fast, dependable connection speeds to fit your individual needs. With our Quickstream high speed Internet service speed options range from 3Mbps to 14Mbps. Our FiberNet high speed Internet service offers speeds ranging from 15Mbps to 100Mbps. No matter how you are using the Internet, to check email and surf the web, play interactive games, or shop online, you can get the speed that is right for you.
Please check out our Quickstream packages here.
Please check out our FiberNet packages here.
Can I bundle my telephone and Internet services?
Yes. Our SmartChoice packages enable you to bundle all your GSC services into one convenient package for great savings – up to 25%. You could easily save over $17 off your monthly bill – over $200 per year! For more information on package options and price, call us at 603-529-9911.
What is FiberNet?
FiberNet is our new fiber optic phone and high speed Internet service. It utilizes Fiber to the Premises (FTTP) technology. FTTP refers to the use of fiber optic cables to carry digital information directly to homes and businesses. It gives you virtually unlimited bandwidth capability, and it is the best technology on the market today. For more information, visit our FiberNet section or check out additional Fiber FAQs.
Are international calls discounted?
What kind of long distance plans do you offer?
We offer a variety of calling plans from unlimited nationwide calling to set blocks of calling minutes (300, 500, 1,000). Check out the details by clicking here.
Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
Not at this time. We do, however, offer online billing, which allows you to make a one-time payment or set up automatic monthly payments using your checking or savings account. We also offer a direct payment plan for those who do not have access to the Internet. If you elect to use this plan, you will have approximately 15 days to review your bill before the payment is automatically withdrawn from the checking or savings account you specify.
What is the voice mail access number?
If accessing your voice mail from a phone that is subscribed to voice mail service, dial *97. If accessing your voice mail from a phone that is not subscribed to voice mail service, see below for your voice mail access number:
If your phone number begins with 529, your voice mail access number is 529-9700.
If your phone number begins with 478, your voice mail access number is 478-9700.
If your phone number begins with 495, your voice mail access number is 495-9700.
If your phone number begins with 887, your voice mail access number is 887-9700.
Please contact Customer Service at 529-9911 for additional assistance.
When is my payment due?
Your bill reflects services received during the prior billing period. Therefore, payment is due upon receipt of your bill.
How do I pay my bill?
We have four convenient ways to pay your monthly bill. Pay online, pay by mail, visit a walk-in payment location, or use our direct payment program to pay bills automatically through your bank account each month. For detailed information, visit our Making Payments page.
How do I pay my bill online?
It’s easy to pay online! You can use the secure, password-protected myGSC section of our website to view your bill, make one-time payments, or set up automatic monthly payments using your checking or savings account.
How do I access online billing?
You can access the secure, password-protected myGSC section of our website to view your bill, make one-time payments, or set up automatic monthly payments using your checking or savings account.
Which towns does GSC serve?
Our service area spans several southern NH communities. Visit our Service Areas page for a detailed list of the communities we serve.
What is the balance due on my account?
The balance due on your account can be obtained quickly and easily by calling Customer Care at 603-529-9911, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We also offer online billing, which allows you to view your most current bill anytime, or even make a payment in our secure, password-protected environment.
How do I sign up for new service with GSC?
You can sign up for any GSC services quickly and easily by calling 603-529-9911, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. OR if you have a question about our services that you’d rather submit by email, contact us at info@myGSC.com. Our team is standing by to assist you!
How do I add new services or make changes to my GSC account?
You can make changes to your account or sign up for any new GSC services quickly and easily by calling 603-529-9911, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. OR if you have a question about our services that you’d rather submit by email, contact us at info@myGSC.com. Our team is standing by to assist you!
How do we set up parental controls for our GSC Internet service?
Parental controls are not included with our basic high speed Internet packages, however, we do offer them (including content filtering, access and time management controls, and monitoring/reporting capabilities) through our SecureIT Plus service – an all-in-one suite of Internet security software.
If you already subscribe to our SecureIT Plus service, you can set up detailed parental control settings for each of your children:
Using the Initial Setup Wizard – When you first install SecureIT Plus, our setup wizard guides you through the steps required to define initial information for each computer user in your family, and to select basic categories listing the types of sites that can be accessed by the user.
Managing Basic User Information – After an initial list of computer users is established with the Setup Wizard, you can add new users at any time, set or change the passwords for users, and delete users as appropriate. Detailed parental control settings may also be defined for each user as described below.
Defining Detailed User Settings– you can define detailed settings for any user including general parental control features, filter settings to block Internet content and activities, time management controls, and both a white list of allowed web sites and a blocked list of prohibited sites.
If you need assistance with any of these settings, technical support for our SecureIT Plus service is available 24/7 at 877-373-3320.
For information how to sign up SecureIT Plus, please call our Customer Care team today at 603-529-9911.
Where is FiberNet service available?
Our FiberNet fiber optic service, is now available in over 300 neighborhoods in our service area and we’re working hard to grow this number every day! Click here for the latest list of neighborhoods and check back often for updates. Network construction is occurring in phases with a goal to have all customers using the fiber network over the next several years.
What services does GSC offer to protect my computer from viruses and other Internet security issues?
We offer virus protection and more with SecureIT — our all-in-one suite of Internet security software. This advanced service is fully managed and supported, and best of all, it’s automated, so all scans and updates run behind the scenes without you having to worry. To learn more, click here.
Does GSC offer wireless routers to connect my laptop at home?
Yes, we offer wireless routers to connect your laptop or desktop computer to the Internet. Our 4-port wireless routers offer the option of either a wireless or wired connection. These are available for rent or purchase. Please call our Customer Service Department for more information.
What is my local calling area?
To find exchanges in your local calling area, just click here.
Will GSC be offering TV services soon?
TV is a service opportunity that we continue to look into. Interested customers can let us know, so that in the event this changes, we’ll have your name on file and we can make sure you are among the first notified.
In the meantime, more and more of our customers are utilizing their high speed Internet connection to access the latest television entertainment. Check out this link, Watch TV Through Your Internet Connection, for more info and a helpful list of some great websites where you can find your favorite movies, TV shows, and more.
How do I access GSC Webmail?
How To Access Webmail:
Internet Access Customers:
- Go to the myGSC Account section of our website. Enter your full myGSC.com or gsinet.net email address and password to login.* Click the ‘Check Your E-Mail’ link to view your mail.
- OR go to http://webmail.mygsc.com (if your email ends in @mygsc.com) or http://webmail.gsinet.net (if your email ends in @gsinet.net). Enter your GSC email address and password to login.
Web Hosting Customers:
- To access Webmail when you’re away from home go to http://mail.mydomain (i.e. http://mail.ABCSportsGear.com).
- Click on the Webmail ‘IMP’ link
- Enter your username (your mailbox AND domain name – for example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to login and view your mail.
* To access webmail and other tools through the myGSC customer portal – if you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to take a few minutes to register a portal account.
Does GSC offer paperless billing?
Yes, we do offer paperless billing. Customers can activate this option online by logging into their myGSC account in our customer portal. Once you have logged in, click the ‘View/Pay Your Bill’ link followed by the ‘Click here to enroll in Paperless Billing today’ link. Or if you prefer for us to assist you by phone, please call our Customer Service office at 529-9911 Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and we would be happy to enroll you.